Monday, January 29, 2007

    Cold, cold city, this Columbus

    It's a bit nippy--23 F, wind chill 10 F. My fingers are stiff. The thermostat is a room away, and God only knows where Al Gore and his hot air bandwagon are. So the cat jumps up in my lap while I type, and for awhile I have warm thighs. . . and lots of cat hair as she settles in for a long winter's nap.


    Cat hair on the keyboard
    cat hair on the floor
    cat hair in the vacuum
    It won't hold anymore.

    Cat hair on the bedspread
    cat hair in the sink
    cat hair on my best clothes
    and not just where you'd think.

    Cat hair on my shoulders
    cat hair in the pears,
    cat hair up the stair well
    and on the dining chairs.

    Cat o mine, I love you
    could not do without
    But keep your hair, dear heart,
    and not so round about.
    Source URL: http://maryelizabeth-winstead.blogspot.com/2007/01/cold-cold-city-this-columbus-its-bit.html
    Visit Mary Elizabeth Winstead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive