Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Woman Can’t Find Decent Man, Decides To Marry Herself


    Ever since my engagement ended, I’ve been kind of “meh” on marriage. Not because I haven’t found the “right” person yet, but because I’m just not sold on the whole institution anymore. Chen Wei-yih hasn’t met the right person yet either, but she’s not letting that little fact get in the way of her having the wedding of her dreams—the Taiwanese woman is marrying herself. “My work and experience are in good shape, but I haven’t found a partner, so what can I do?” Chen lamented to reporters. What she can do, apparently, is throw herself a lavish party, hire a photographer, and don a pretty white wedding gown, all to mark the marriage of Chen Wei-yih to Chen Wei-yih. which, naturally, won’t actually be recognized by law. “I’m not anti-marriage,” she says. “I just hope that I can express a different idea within the bounds of a tradition.” My only question: where did she register?


    original source: newscore
    shared: myfoxorlando + amelia mcdonell-parry@thefrisky.com
    Source URL: http://maryelizabeth-winstead.blogspot.com/2011/03/woman-cant-find-decent-man-decides-to.html
    Visit Mary Elizabeth Winstead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive