Tuesday, February 27, 2007

    3538 Late in life learning

    I've learned a few things in retirement that I wish I'd known earlier. a) Always use a non-stick spray when cooking--sauce pans included. Sure makes clean up easy (I use a soybean oil spray). b) Trader Joe's sunblock makes a wonderful hand lotion--has zinc oxide, and their c) shaving cream works wonderfully for washing your face. Leaves your skin soft and smelling yummy. d) I can buy a B width shoe if it has laces or elastic inserts. e) Since I buy 1/2 decaf with 1/2 regular for my morning coffee, it just tastes a lot better if I start with 1/2 cup of regular and leave out the decaf until I'm ready to go (about an hour later). It also stays hot longer if you start with 1/2 cup. f) In the last few months I've learned there is life after peanut butter.

    But here's the biggie I learned yesterday. I'm not particularly tall--5'5"--and have short legs. Therefore, PETITE slacks or jeans fit fine in the inseam, but the trunk/waist is completely in the wrong place. Yesterday I noticed a nice pair of Bill Blass jeans on the 75% off rack, but they were a TALL. I've never bought a TALL because I have to shorten even a REGULAR. But the price was a winner (about $6) so I bought them. They fit much better than a REGULAR, which apparently is not the size I should have been buying all these years. I shortened them 3.5" but when I sit down, they stay put.

    I hope you've enjoyed this public service announcement.Source URL: http://maryelizabeth-winstead.blogspot.com/2007/02/3538-late-in-life-learning-ive-learned.html
    Visit Mary Elizabeth Winstead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive