Tuesday, March 13, 2007
    3575

    Compression hose

    I've been checking regularly on my daughter, diagnosed with deep vein thombosis (DVT) a week ago. She had three shots in her abdomen to dissolve the clot, and is now on coumadin. She says that although she still has a lot of pain, the compression hose help a lot. Since we're flying to Ireland in the fall, I thought I'd try them. Her vascular surgeon (actually not "hers" specifically, but she has worked with him in his medical practice and he is consulting with her) recommends that everyone wear compression hose for travel--even men. There are medical level and comfort level, so I went to CVS and bought a $15 pair of compression hose designated 8-15 for tired legs. My legs weren't tired, but I am only experimenting, remember.

    Before I put them on, both my shoes and the waist band in my slacks fit. Within 2 minutes of putting them on (and that's not easy), the shoes were too big and the waist band too small. It's the first time I've ever had any body part go north instead of south.Source URL: http://maryelizabeth-winstead.blogspot.com/2007/03/3575-compression-hose-ive-been-checking.html
    Visit Mary Elizabeth Winstead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive