Thursday, March 1, 2007

    Poetry Thursday #9


    This week for Poetry Thursday, we are invited to write about something beautiful without using its name. This feels like it is still in draft stage--changing right up through Wednesday night.


    In my unformed thoughts,
    in my wildest dreams,
    when this mattered
    (and it doesn't so much now),
    I never expected we’d meet.

    You were so distant and aloof,
    a prisoner of your past,
    corrupt and sinful
    (yet charming and alluring),
    Did I even want us to meet?

    Now that I’ve seen you,
    heard your velvet voice,
    minor and sad
    (but dark eyed and lovely),
    I know I’ll never forget us.

    Are we allowed to leave a hint? (Очи страстные и прекрасные)Source URL: http://maryelizabeth-winstead.blogspot.com/2007/03/poetry-thursday-9-this-week-for-poetry.html
    Visit Mary Elizabeth Winstead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive