Monday, March 26, 2007

    Monday Memories

    This is the original high school in Mt. Morris built in 1918. Before that the high school students met in the building that I knew as the elementary school with all the younger students. I remember the layout and classrooms better in the old high school building than the new which we actually started using when I was a freshman. They were located across the street from each other, and we attended a few classes (band and labs I think) in the new building just walking across the street. I don't remember "Study Hall" in the new one, but certainly remember some funny events in the red brick building. And assemblies. We used to have some pretty good programs. And watching the teen lovers in the cars in front of the school as the boyfriends would drop off their girlfriends. It was an interesting, educational lunch time activity. I think that's why I can identify so many old cars. Some time after it was no longer used as a classroom building there was a fire and it burned. Sad ending. I always thought it was a nice looking building.



    Source URL: http://maryelizabeth-winstead.blogspot.com/2007/03/monday-memories-this-is-original-high.html
    Visit Mary Elizabeth Winstead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive